Wednesday, March 19, 2008

2 wins at WPPI...

As I was walking down the aisle of photo winners of this year's WPPI 16x20 competition my heart was pumping as if I just ran 2.4km. Quickly screening thru all the photos on the wall I saw a familiar shot. No its not mine... its Andrew's. He has 1 winning shot this year.

Determined not to give up I went thru some more down the row and low & behold I saw my photo hanging there and I can't believe my eyes! Than just 1 photo away I saw another!!! I was screaming so loud no one could hear me. Coz it's all happening in me : ) But I on the outside I remained calm as if it was meant to be.. haha...

This is my first 2 international awards and I'm proud of it. Now I'm determined even more to win more awards next year and hopefully win within the top 3 places. That shall be my goal for now.

I would like to thank God for blessing me with this very big prize He gave me. My wife and family too in supporting my in the career path I decided to take on over 8 years ago. A big Thank you to my Mentor Kim and my other bosses for their support and the encouragement of my fellow colleagues in the office. 

It may seem small to some but it means a lot to me as this marks a major milestone in my career. Thank you.

Thank you Kevin and Carilyn for being so sporting to agreeing to my request even it was raining.


Thank you Terrence and Rose for being ever so ready to try everything I ask you to. You guys have made a difference!

2 comments:

拓海渡辺 Takumi Watanabe said...

Congrats! Lets go WALA WALA for drinks to celebrate when you're back! LOL!

Unknown said...

Bernard!!! Congrats!!! Thank God indeed!! And We are blessed to be part of the picture that won!!! :)

Honestly, we had so much fun that day taking photos.

Anyway, all my friends loved the photos you took for us :)

Cheers!
Kevin and Carilyn!